Happy International No Diet Day!
Today, May 6th, is International No Diet Day! Started in 1992 by Mary Evans Young, International No Diet Day has a few different goals. According to Wikipedia, these include:
* Doubt the idea of one “right” body shape.
* Raise awareness to weight discrimination, size bias and fatphobia.
* Declare a free day from diets and obsessions to body weight.
* Present the facts about the diet industry, emphasizing the inefficacy of commercial diets.
* Show how diets perpetuate violence against women.
* Honor the victims of eating disorders and weight-loss surgeries.
Today and every day, eat what makes you feel nourished, healthy and happy! Refuse to police your body or tie your self worth to your calorie intake. Enjoy the social, nutritional, sensual and emotional dimensions of food and work to make sure everyone has access to food that makes their bodies strong and happy. Let’s work together to make every day a no diet day!